June 2, 2008

Wanted:

To be wanted by someone who is 110% totally and utterly dependent on ME. I have decided *that* is why I want a child so bad. We were at our friends' house playing cards over the weekend and their infant son just started crying. He cried and cried and cried. He'd stop for a few minutes, then he'd start back up again. Right before she decided to feed him, it got so unbearable for me that I wanted to go home, so I said I had a headache. That didn't work though, because the guys wanted to play Euchre. At one point, my friend gave her son to her husband so she could go to the bathroom. Her son was fine, until he saw his mommy again. Then the crying started all over again. I asked the dad if it sucked that his son didn't want him and he said yeah. I said "But there must be sometimes when all he wants is you, right?" My friend and her husband both looked at me. My friend said something along the lines of "You mean a time when he doesn't want me?" I said "Yeah." The husband said "Nope." I can't even imagine being the only thing, the only person, the only *everything* that would be able to make a child stop crying, to be that "thing" that is wanted so badly that the child is inconsolable. I want that. I want that *so* bad! I want to be wanted like that!!!!!

No comments: